We are quickly approaching the holidays, and while this time of the year can be filled with special traditions, it can be hard for those who have lost loved ones this year. We have complied a few ideas of ways to remember your loved one this holiday season.
- Journal your favorite holiday traditions and memories with your loved one. This can be on your computer or you can put in a journal and add to it each year.
- Purchase a light or a special candle to showcase your loved one’s presence during the holidays.
- Prepare your loved one’s favorite holiday meal and sit down with friends and family to enjoy it.
- Leave a small wreath or memorial for you loved one at their gravesite.
- Watch your loved one’s favorite holiday movie, you can watch it by yourself or with your friends and family.
- Break out the old home videos, whether it be pictures and videos from your phone or an old camcorder, gather around and watch them and look back on old and found memories.
- Make a memorial ornament. You can make an ornament each year to honor your loved one.
These are just a few ideas out of many that you can do to honor you loved one. We wish you a peaceful and loving holiday season.